Page views last month

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

An ode to my mother

Pictures by Edmund Smith-Asante. All Rights Reserved (C)


“Woman you have been away from my company for one year now. I know you are with the Lord resting. I pray He continues to keep you till we join you in His own time 🙏🏾.”

Mum, this is from the man whom you affectionately called Kwame Alex, the one with whom you brought all four of us into this world – Myself, Jackie, Nana and Dada (Ecow).

Even before I could think of the right words to mark your passing exactly a year ago, he had already beaten me to it. He has always been talking about you and explaining why of all the endearments in the world he chose to call you WOMAN!

We couldn’t have asked for a better mummy. You brought us up well. It has been difficult living without you for a year but the Lord has been our strength.

The memory of that fateful day – May 11 at around 2 a.m. when I received that strange call from daddy, will however live with me for the rest of my life because it was a very strange phone call and I instantly knew there was something amiss.

Little did I know you had already bid us bye to a better place, even before we could celebrate you on Mothers’ Day but God knows best. You are sorely missed Bibio. Rest well mummy till we meet again. Forever in our hearts. 























































































































































8 comments:

  1. I am speechless yet full of words.
    Rest in wholesome Peace, Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest well Grandma,You r always in our heart. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest well Grandma are deeply missed

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lovely and beautiful Grandma, as we affectionately called on behalf of your sweet sixteen sisters I wish your beautiful soul more rest in perfect peace with your Father in heaven who needed most than us. We can never forget you our darling sister, friend, mother and everything. You meant every thing to us. Julie, Sophie and Annie are saying we love you soooo much and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Group Captain Mrs Smith. R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forever in our hearts Mum,rest peacefully till we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmmm, so soon its already a year and it feels like just yesterday... the love is still Deep Grandma... Rest Well

    ReplyDelete